In the early spring of 1953, David Oates held a two week tent meeting on what is now the present location of the church auditorium. Several people were saved and at the conclusion of the meeting an interest was expressed by those attending to start a Church. David Oates was called to serve as Pastor. A small auditorium with classrooms was constructed and in 1964 a new auditorium and additional classrooms were built.
In 1970 the church began a Christian school ministry that today enrolls 700 students. It was in 1970 that Donnie Oates joined his father in the church ministry and later was called to be the Senior Pastor in March of 1983.
The church and school now consists of six building on a 26 acre campus.